
Our loving, wife, mother & grandmother age 67 passed away on Thursday, February 19, 2009 at home after a brief battle with Pancreatic Cancer.
She was born July 16th, 1941 in Murray Utah to Matt & Claudia Juretich and later married Jackie Thomas Tapp February 20th, 1960 in Coalville Utah.
Tamra began high school at West High and later graduated from Jordan High in 1959.
She started dancing at the age of 3, was a member of the Jordan High Dance Company with her best friend Penny Walker and later preformed on the Ted Mack show as a beautiful gifted young woman. As a young mother she taught ballet, tap, jazz and modern dance in the basement of her home on Coventry Lane and had a positive influence on the children she taught.
Tamra loved her time serving in the Young Women’s program of the Church. Her greatest joy was teaching and laughing with the Young Women she served. She especially had fond memories as Stake camp director while living in Silver Reef, Utah.
Tamra enjoyed working with her friends at Sunfirst Bank in Hurricane and St. George Utah, where she was always the life of the party. She especially enjoyed working alongside Mont Humphries who she considered one of her closest friends.
Most of all Tamra loved her children, grand children and her husband Jack of 48 years and will miss them dearly!
Tamra’s catch phrase throughout her life was “have a nice day and smile all the way” and loved anything that was bright and sparkly. She was always thinking of others and had the innate ability to make others feel comfortable around her.
Instead of flowers Tamra has requested that you provide an act of kindness for someone in need.
Thank you to the staff at Intermountain Healthcare and Rocky Mountain Healthcare who assisted with her care. Specifically we would like to thank her nurse Julie and CNA Sally who took such good care of her during the end of her earthly life.
There is a Blog Site set up at http://www.haveanicedayandsmilealltheway.blogspot.com/ for those that would like to pay their respects or leave a message for the family.
Tamra is survived by husband Jack, children Bart (Pennie), Chet, Shane (Jamie), Misty Doug Dahl), Brother Kim and her grandchildren Tanya (Rodney Rasmussen), Brock, Courtland, Summer, Sienna, Ethan, Aurora, Rigel and Skydin.
Those that proceeded in her in death are her son Shawn, parents Matt & Claudia Juretich, her Sisters Janette, Marlene and Amber and her grandson Orion Tapp.
A viewing will be held on Saturday, February 21st from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the Morning Side 3rd Ward located at 879 South River Road, St. George, Utah.
There will also be a viewing held on Monday, February 23rd from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the Cannon Mortuary located at 2460 E. Bengal Blvd. (7600 South) in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Funeral service will be held on Tuesday, February 24th at 11:00 am at the Traverse Mountain 5th ward located at 5052 North Homestead Drive (2840 West), Lehi Utah
6 comments:
What a beautiful picture and a wonderful tribute.
Love and hugs,
Chanda
I think that Tamra would really like what was written & the picture too. It really reflects her happy personality and her love & commitment to friends and family.
I will see you all on Monday & Tuesday for the services up here in Northern Utah. God Bless! Jacqueline
Dear Tapp Family,
I just want you to know what a joy it has been to have had the opportunity to help care for Tamra and to get to know your wonderful family. You have given Tamra the greatest gift she would ever want...pulling together as a family and giving such tender, loving care in her time of need. I am sure she is smiling down on each of you now. It is no wonder that she loved sparkly things... you can see the sparkle in her eyes and the glow of her face. I didn't get a chance to get to know her very well, but I can tell she was a wonderful lady and had taught her family well. You're all awesome and did great! Thanks to all of you for touching my life with your great example.
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
Julie Hall, RN
Dear Jack, Bart, Chet and Misty.
Your mom's funeral was just wonderful. You all have done such a good job for your mom. I can't tell you how proud I am of you. I am concerned about your dad. Is there anything I can do? My email address is brgems@msn.com. Will each of you get me your addresses? I love you and thank you for taking such good care of your mom.
Love, Aunt Rose
Dear Shane,
I am so sorry that I didn't get your name on the last message. Please forgive me. I am not thinking to straight yet. I counted your dad's name as one of the children. I am so sorry. Please be in touch with me and let me know your address.
Love,
Aunt Rose
My husband Cameron worked with Tamra at Mountain America Credit Union years ago. She was a dear lady!! I loved her personality and her humor. She was always so kind to me. When I was really sick with the pregnancy of my first child, I remember her being concerned about me and asking Cameron how I was doing. When I would come to MACU she was always so sweet to me. My sister works at Sunfirst Bank and that is how I found out Tamra worked there. I had called in one time and Tamra answered!! :) It was always so fun to hear her voice on the end of the line sometimes when I would call the bank. This blog has been a joy to read. I am so grateful to all of you for putting it together so that we could take the journey with you. Thanks so much for all of the updates and sharing so much with us. I only wish I had known sooner about everything so that I could have sent a message to Tamra while she was still here on this earth. She will be greatly missed. I send my love and prayers for all of you!! *hugs*
Post a Comment