Friday, February 20, 2009
Today at 4PM Tamra Juretich Tapp left her ailing body for a much happier and peaceful place. She had quite a struggle over the last couple of days and it was time for her fight to end. We took the advice of the wonderful hospice workers and this morning began to tell her it was OK for her to leave us in Ernest. For those of us around her since her diagnosis it was truly a privilege to look after her. After all if the shoe was on the other foot we know she would have been at our bedside nonstop caring for our every need.
I would like to say having been here and watching her begin to slowly get weaker and more sick was a hard thing for everyone. It's really amazing how at peace she looks now. It wasn't a easy departure from this earth for her but she did is with such amazing grace. There is a strange calm in this house now as i write this and i can only guess that even now in death she fills this house with love just as she did while she was living.
She put up a brave fight right until the end and we could not be more proud of her. Tamra was not only a wonderful mother to all us kids but was a caring friend and confidant to anyone that was in distress. There is nobody that will able to fill the void left by her. All we can do is to follow her example of kindness and hope to fill a small portion of the hole left by her passing.
On a personal note i just wanted to say this. Of the many gifts my mother has given me in my lifetime none can compare to the one just given to me. The chance to care for HER in her time of need and the privilege of holding her hand and telling her that i love her as she slipped away is something i will never forget and it's a memory of my mom i will always treasure.
We are going to leave this blog open for you to post anything you would like to express about Tamra. At some point we hope to make a small book from this blog so we will always remember her.
God bless all of you for your love for Tamra and for your many prayers.
I love you mom...sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, meow, meow, meow.
I would like to say having been here and watching her begin to slowly get weaker and more sick was a hard thing for everyone. It's really amazing how at peace she looks now. It wasn't a easy departure from this earth for her but she did is with such amazing grace. There is a strange calm in this house now as i write this and i can only guess that even now in death she fills this house with love just as she did while she was living.
She put up a brave fight right until the end and we could not be more proud of her. Tamra was not only a wonderful mother to all us kids but was a caring friend and confidant to anyone that was in distress. There is nobody that will able to fill the void left by her. All we can do is to follow her example of kindness and hope to fill a small portion of the hole left by her passing.
On a personal note i just wanted to say this. Of the many gifts my mother has given me in my lifetime none can compare to the one just given to me. The chance to care for HER in her time of need and the privilege of holding her hand and telling her that i love her as she slipped away is something i will never forget and it's a memory of my mom i will always treasure.
We are going to leave this blog open for you to post anything you would like to express about Tamra. At some point we hope to make a small book from this blog so we will always remember her.
God bless all of you for your love for Tamra and for your many prayers.
I love you mom...sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, meow, meow, meow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I just want you all to know how sorry I am that Tamra and you had to go through all this. I can't imagine losing my mom or dad and yet you all sound so brave. We will try to make it to the funeral but if not, please know we love you all and are looking forward to seeing you one day soon. ~Catherine Whitworth Olsen
Tears are streaming down my face as I read today's last blog. How sad it is to know she's really gone, but after seeing her, how good it is that she finally let go and is in a better place. I couldn't sleep again last night thinking about her and how unfair it seemed that her mind was still there and her body wouldn't cooperate. She is such a strong person and has left a footprint on my heart. For selfish reasons we all want her here still...but a life well lived is one where passing leaves a hole in many hearts, one where the person is truly missed...and she's left her footprint on so many. What a great example of love and service she has been to us all. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know Tamra is truly proud of all of her children. What a tender time this is, but like you said, the love she left fills the room (and clear across the state).
My heart is full and empty at the same time. I love you all...and my dear Misty...I especially love you! My prayers are with all of you.
Love, Chanda
Dear Tapp Family,
Comfort, Peace and Hope! May they be yours in this time of sadness...
I am sorry to hear about your mother passing on, I pray that you may have the Spirit of the Lord to COMFORT you and bring you PEACE, and in time, to lessen your sadness and grief with the wonderful HOPE of being eternally reunited with her again one day.
Sincerely,
Terese Johnston
Love you ALL!!(Jack, Bart, Chet, Shane, Misty and families) I know your mom loves you all so very much and I'm sure she is and was SO grateful for all that you guys have done for her.
We will sure miss her!
Uncle Jack~ We love you lots and you are in our thoughts and prayers!!
You are all in our prayers!
Love
Mandy
Dear Jack, Bart, Chet, Shane and Misty,
My heart is heavy to know Tamra is gone. We all love her so much. I want to thank each of you and your spouses and children for the love, comfort, and kindness you gave to Tamra. She is a lucky lady to be so loved by all of you. I will miss her. Her family is such a tremendous tribute to her. Stay as close as you can to each other and your dad. Life is hard and time is limited, it makes it hare to do the things that are not a necessity. You have done a wonderful job. Find a way to stay close. Your mom will be so grateful for that. If there is anything I can help with, please either call or email me.
I love you.
Love, Aunt Rose
I was blessed to know this sweet lady by working with her on a daily basis. I have never seen anyone smile and be so cheerful all the time. Her sweet presence will be missed in my life, but I feel calm (even all teary eyed as I type this) and peaceful as I think of her and how my life it that much better.
Thank you Tamra, for blessing our lives with so much love, kindness, optimism, and cheer. You have been an angel friend, and we are all better people for sharing life with you.
Our prayers will continue to be with your family and loved ones as they struggle with missing you.
We know you are in a beautiful place, surrounded with so many people you love and who love you. We also know that you have met your Savior face to face, and that he is very pleased with your work on this earth--that great blessings await you and your family.
Goodbye my friend, goodbye. See you soon.
Laura
We will all miss Tamra so very much here at SunFirst Bank. She was such a delight to work with. I know she is at peace now but we will have such a void in our lives. D'Ann
Misty, Jack, Bart, Chet, and Shane,
My thoughts, prayers and love are with you. I'm sorry for your loss. I am so glad to have known your sweet mom and proud to call her a friend. I'm so thankful she was able to pass with you all at her side. Her sweet smile and contagious laugh will be missed. I remember her, Annette and Pauline doing the "tomato dance" at one of our roadshows. She loved to dance and taught all of the ym and yw dances. I see her dancing and smiling now. I love you all and am so thankful to have you in my life. Jack thanks for moving Tamra and Misty to Leeds and living in Silver Reef, I'm thankful you brought them to us! We are all better people because of the example Tamra set. I love you all. Big hugs and kisses all around!!
Love,
Kristen
Jack, Chet & Family,
I was so sorry to hear of your wife and mother's passing from this dreadful disease. I know all too well how difficult it is to watch someone you love go through so much to leave this life.
God bless and comfort you all through the tough days that lie ahead. Take comfort in knowing that you will see her again someday, and know that God will wrap his loving arms around you to help you through this.
My love and prayers!
Linda Smith from the old Westcon gang
Post a Comment