Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just left moms house a bit ago and so i thought i would give you a quick update. Since my last post we got Tamra up in the afternoon for her anti-anxiety medication and to attempt to get her some water. She did sit up for a short period and we were able to get medication in her mouth but she struggled to swallow any water. This has a lot to do with the morphine and other meds she is taking. She wasn't up too long before she got so sleepy again that we laid her back down.

While she was sleeping the Nurse came about 4pm and checked her out. Her heart rate seemed a bit off but considering everything Tamra is going through it is to be expected. After flushing moms IV line she said that it still looked stable and this is a good thing since this is the way she is getting her pain medication for now.

The afternoon went by with Tamra just sleeping with us in her room. Later in the evening Bart started to pack up to leave and i could tell it was hard to do this since he really wanted to be by moms side even though he planned to be back on Friday night. He said his goodbye to mom and the rest of us and left. It wasn't too long before i got a call from him saying that he just didn't feel right about leaving at this point. I know how he feels because i was going to leave on Tuesday night and i told him i was going to make some calls to see if i could have someone cover for me too.

You should know the main reason we are hesitant in leaving right now is that Tamra is getting very close to passing in our eyes. This was evident when we attempted to get her up after Bart returned for her medication and some water. She is so weak now. It has been over a week and a half since she has had anything substantial to eat and now drinking even seems to be too much for her. She knows she should drink but she just cant summon up the strength to do it.

She has lost a considerable amount of weight and you can see it in her face and her body as well. We think one of the reasons she is still here with us is because her body has just been living on her fat reserves and at this point those are almost gone. I have never seen her so weak and its heartbreaking to know that she wants to drink but just cant. The only thing we can do is to put water in her mouth a little at a time and hope that she can swallow it.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring for Tamra but we are doing are best to respect her wishes and follow through on the promises we made to her.

On a personal note i would like to thank both Bart's and my place of employment for being so very understanding during this time. We have needed to be with out mom and they have understood that and made it possible. So thanks to all that covered for us so we could be here for our mother.

I love you mom...sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, meow, meow, meow.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

I am so sorry to hear this I wish the best to your family and tell Tamra I love her. She has lived a wonderful life and is an example to all.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tamra,

I can't help but feel how much Heavenly Father loves you and how proud of you he is for enduring this trial so well. We all wish we could take it from you. I know the Lord is pleased. I can feel His love for you. I hope you can feel my love for you. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family that loves you so much. That is the best blessing of all. You are in my prayers constantly. I love you too, Jack. Hang in there everyone.

Love, Rose

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to visit with you Tamra. Thanks again for the mark you have left in my heart and the positive influence of a life of service you have been for me. What an example of a truly selfless, loving person you are. The light of your presence could fill an entire room. It hurts me to see you so weak and in pain. It just doesn't seem fair. My heart cries out to you and your family and the warmth and love I feel for all of you is indescribable.

My heart, prayers and thoughts are with you (with all of you). Thanks again for the visit...it brought back soooooo many good memories. It was so good to spend some time with my dear friend Misty too. We were so close once and it has been a REALLY long time since then. It is nice to have the opportunity to renew that friendship. You are all great people and I can see why. Your mom is obviously so loved by all of you and her influence is deepest in your lives.

May God bless you all, and may peace be with you.

Love,
Chanda Howard Jeppson