Monday, February 16, 2009

Since my post yesterday we had a family dinner that Misty and Pennie made. Misty made Grandma Juretich's world famous chicken enchiladas and Pennie made all the side dishes. It was nice to have dinner as a family and I'm sure Tamra was with us if not in body but spirit. Over dinner we relived some moments we had with mom and bonded a little bit.

During dinner Tamra's home teachers came by for a visit and even though she was asleep we all gathered in her room for a prayer. After they left Tamra had a few more visitors. Some of Misty's friends came in just as Tamra was starting to wake up. We sat her up and she had a bunch of water and also had some juice that Shane had bought for her.

They spend quite a while talking about the days that mom lived in Silver Reef and how much fun mom was when the girls would get back from snowboarding and mom would have a big tub of warm chili just waiting for them. Tamra just LOVED to take care of people and make you feel like you were at your own home when you visited her. She just had a way of making you feel at ease even if you were meeting her for the first time. And just try and get away without her giving you a hug.

We also had a visit from a coordinator with Rocky Mountain. We all sat around the table and worked out a schedule for this weeks care for Tamra. We hope to be able to have someone close by her in case she passes. Since she really hasn't eaten in a week and a half and so Bart and I feel that she is getting close.

About 8pm she started to get sleepy again and so we laid her down without too much pain. She slept for hours without really stirring too much. he did wake a bit when i was saying goodbye to her for the evening. She gave me and Bart a kiss and mouthed that she loved us. She then drifted off to sleep.

After speaking with Bart this morning before i arrived he told me that she slept through the night without any sign of pain. When the CNA came this morning to check on Tamra they got her to a sitting position and she had a bunch of water and some juice as well.

Bart then spent about an hour talking with mom while she was up. Apparently during this conversation Tamra was asking Bart why she keeps seeing Grandma Juretich. I guess she says that she has seen her multiple times and she is always smiling from what Bart gathered. Tamra has also mentioned that she has seen a dark haired woman but she is not sure who she is but she is also smiling back at mom. We are just glad that she is at peace with what she is experiencing right now. While i am on the subject, it seems that the anti-anxiety medication is working. She has yet to have any more panic symptoms.

Just so you are all aware Jack is taking this very hard as one would expect. He has not been himself the last couple of days and is starting to grieve even though Tamra has not left us yet. He is going to need ALL of your support in the coming months. He needs you to reach out to him and just let him know that you care and that he will eventually be OK. If you could a prayer on his behalf would a wonderful thing.

Thanks for everyone for all your concern!

I love you mom...sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, meow, meow, meow.

2 comments:

Well now, isn't this special? said...

Chet, Bart, Misty, Shane, thxs for the regular updates. I read them each day and wish I lived closer to visit. It's hard to watch your mom struggle after all she's given! At the same time, what a wonderful gift it is to express your feelings to her while she's still around. I hope your time there is enriching individually and a means to bring you closer.

Thinking daily about you and my sister, Kim.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jack,

I am so sorry. I know how hard this is for you. If ever you need to talk, please call. I know I can't do much to help, but I can understand. I love you.

Love, Rose