Monday, August 17, 2009
Well as of tomorrow Tamra will have been gone 6 months. I can only speak for myself when i say that thanks to her i am not the disaster that i could have been. I spent a couple of years really depressed over a string of things that happened in my life. Of course she was there for me and had many words of advice for me and it is now that i lean on those words to deal with her passing.
Just some of the things she told me were that sometimes there is no reason for why things happen and not to dwell on things you can't change. Not knowing it at the time she was giving me the skills to deal with her death. If it weren't for those moments and the fact that i was able to spend her final days with her i would be a complete wreck. Just another thing i can thank my loving mom for.
I can say that since her passing our family has become much closer and she would be so very happy about that. In fact i will be spending her 6 month anniversary with my brother Bart golfing. I speak to Misty much more than i have in the past. I also hear from Shane tons more than i have in years. Jack and i speak at least a couple of times a month to check on how he's doing. It used to be a quick "hey how are you" when i would call to talk to mom. Now our conversations are much longer.
Don't get me wrong. I miss her dearly!!! And i catch myself wanting to call and share things with her like i used to. I realize there will be many more times in my life that i will have big moments that i wish she was there to see. I can't imagine how i will be able to deal with these times other than to listen to her words..."You can only do what you can do and not to worry or cry over things i can't change." Thanks again mom for your help. Thanks also to Misty for the pictures she had made of my mom that i have around my house. It's almost as if she is here with me!
I love you mom!!!
Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, meow, meow, meow.
Just some of the things she told me were that sometimes there is no reason for why things happen and not to dwell on things you can't change. Not knowing it at the time she was giving me the skills to deal with her death. If it weren't for those moments and the fact that i was able to spend her final days with her i would be a complete wreck. Just another thing i can thank my loving mom for.
I can say that since her passing our family has become much closer and she would be so very happy about that. In fact i will be spending her 6 month anniversary with my brother Bart golfing. I speak to Misty much more than i have in the past. I also hear from Shane tons more than i have in years. Jack and i speak at least a couple of times a month to check on how he's doing. It used to be a quick "hey how are you" when i would call to talk to mom. Now our conversations are much longer.
Don't get me wrong. I miss her dearly!!! And i catch myself wanting to call and share things with her like i used to. I realize there will be many more times in my life that i will have big moments that i wish she was there to see. I can't imagine how i will be able to deal with these times other than to listen to her words..."You can only do what you can do and not to worry or cry over things i can't change." Thanks again mom for your help. Thanks also to Misty for the pictures she had made of my mom that i have around my house. It's almost as if she is here with me!
I love you mom!!!
Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, meow, meow, meow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"We can't fully appreciate joyful reunions later, without tearful separations now. The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life."
Russell M. Nelson
Chet, Misty, Bart and Shane~ Your mom will be so proud when next you all meet!
Post a Comment