Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday February 3, 2009

Yesterday and today were about the same for Tamra. She has her up moments, and her down moments. We talked a bit about her taking control of what she can do, and not stressing what she cant do. A new attitude as she is calling it. Grandma Juretich would always say that if you cant change the situation, then change your attitude. I still remember both my grandma and my mom telling me this. So when I talked with her I reminded her of this.
While she is eating less, she is trying. She says she will give a try at sitting in the sun, to get some fresh air. We are all hoping that she will be able to do so. To enjoy what days she has left here.

She sleeps to avoid the pain and the turmoil that is going on in her mind. We can only think we understand how she is feeling, but we don't. So while we say we are going to try to get her to enjoy the days she has left, and try to get her to eat at least something, we know that we cant force her into anything. It's truly is up to her... we can only do what she will accept.

So if you will keep this in your prayers, that she will have the strength to get out of bed for limited time, to be able to enjoy the day and what surrounds her (happy thing) and for her to have more of a will to eat a little something, it would mean a lot to her as well as us. Again and as always we just want whats best for her.

Thanks again for all the love and support you are giving her is so many different ways! It truly means a lot to her as well as us! I am reading at least once a week to her, your comments... so feel free to leave as many as you would like. I will make sure she gets them!

With Love, Misty

4 comments:

Olsen Family said...

Hi Tamra, It's been a while since we've seen each other or talked which I regret but I wanted to share a few memories I have with you. I remember you always being so fun and calm even when we would run like crazy kids around your house and how compassionate you were with Grandpa when you took him in and cared for him in your home when he was sick with cancer. Even when he was grumpy and sometimes downright mean, you would just smile at him and never once complained. The time I called you to see if my boyfriend and I could stop in and see you back in '95 on our way through town and without hesitating you said we were welcome to stay. (I married him, by the way) :) Tamra, You have been a huge part of my mothers life which I am SO grateful for. She's always wanted a sister and you have been a huge blessing to have you to talk to all the time. Your words of encouragement to my mom when she has dealt with so much has meant a lot to her, Thank you! Thank you for being such a great mom to your children which I plan to meet up with soon :) and for being such a great Aunt to me. I love you Tamra! ~Catherine Whitworth Olsen

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamra. I was just thinking about you this morning. I wanted to tell you what a great person you have been in my life and I'am a better person today because of you. I also wanted to thank you for always being a positive person and making each day a happy day for those you were around. Thanks again for always bringing the sparkle out in all of us. Hope you are having a better day.
Love Mont

teresa said...

Hi Tamra--it's Teresa from the bank. I know we don't know each other well, but I have enjoyed the times I have been around you. You are so positive and friendly and always put a smile on my face. My best memories of you are at the bank parties. I loved the year you were a helper in the melodrama at the Christmas party with the musical theater people, and last summer when you did the hula with Katherine was soooooo funny! Keep your chin up, I can only imagine how hard all of this is for you and your family, and I pray for you all to have comfort and peace.

Mandyloo said...

Hi Tamra. It is Mandy from the bank. I have tried to keep up reading this blog to see how you are doing every day. I want you to know that I think you are an amazing person and you bring a smile to all those you come in contact with. Even though I have not worked with you very much, it has been a joy to be around you. Thank you for making work life here at the bank more enjoyable.