Monday, January 19, 2009

We were blessed with yet another great day with Tamra around us all and in good spirits. Today was spent much like the last two surrounded by family and friends at the hospital. I would like to take a moment and thank all the wonderful people that have been taking care of Tamra at the hospital. Not that any of them will read this but i want you all to know that she is being cared for by a great staff that is always willing to go out of their way to make her comfortable.

Today she finished doing the "crafty hands" project that we started the other day by adding her hand print and "bling" as she calls it to all the canvases everyone had started. She also wants everyone to know that she is not afraid of passing when the time comes. She of course would rather stay with all of her loved ones but knows a time will come for us all and hers may been sooner she would like. But with that said she wants us all to know she is alright with it.

As for the visit with Dr Lemon, it never happened. I am assuming that she is doing so much better he did not feel the need to stop by. I would hope he has at least called the hospital to check her progress at some point during the day. Bart is currently on his way back to Salt Lake and will be calling the doctors office in the morning to make sure we meet with him tomorrow to see where exactly Tamra stands health wise and if and when we might be able to take her home.

I would also like to take a second and thank all the loved ones in our family that have taken up the slack while we have been focusing our attention on Tamra. Not only are they there to take care of the day to day stuff but they are a huge source of comfort. Jamie, Doug, Pennie and all others...I can't say thanks enough!

Hope to have more information after meeting with the doctor tomorrow. Until then thanks to all for your prayers and keep them coming!

3 comments:

pennie said...

Mom- It was great to see you this weekend! I'm so happy your pain is under control!
It was great to be able to visit with you. The kids were happy you were able to goof around with them a bit, & I'm glad you got to meet Rod.
I miss you guys already, it's been so long since we were all together. Court really enjoyed being with you,& he loved being together as a family.
Remember...you are in our prayers, and...'May the SPARKLE be with you!'

Olson Family said...

As I am reading this blog, I can still hear the laughter, see the mischievous grins, the sparkle in the Tapp side of the family. Memories of all of us gathered in someone's home, (who's home was it? And was it Thanksgiving or Christmas?) the 2 turtles -- kept in the tub -- that all of us cousins kept playing with throughout the day (was it Shane or Chet who kept teasing us younger cousins with the biting turtle?). The long, long table that seemed to extend from one end of the house to the other, the rich aromas of steaming meats and colorful veggies, and laughter... so much laughter, boisterous, rippling, the sound of connections and memories. Perhaps we were at Aunt Rose and Uncle Don's house... or was it Aunt Nina and Uncle Steve's? It doesn't matter. The memory of family being together, indulging in that invaluable thing we call time... moments that engrave themselves in scripted gold, framed, and hung as priceless archives in our museums of memories. Tamra, thank you for always making family important. For always putting family first. I witnessed your love for people in the way you consistently cared in tangible ways. Thank you for not letting me off the hook when I would come over to play with Misty, trashing her bedroom in the process... until you came to check on us and let me know that I WOULD be staying long enough to help clean up. smile. You kept a well-run house... and that helped me see what it meant to have self-respect. Of course, there's more... Like the fact that I always admired your vision when my mom told me it was you, (and Uncle Jack), who designed and then built your houses. (I thought, 'You can do that?') Your eye for beauty, detail, art... the fact that you dreamed and worked hard to make your dreams come true. I know this is a long note... but since I can't be there with you to tell you all this in person, I guess this will do. As for my timing, gee, I guess this is as good a time as any to share my memories with you and to tell you that I love you.

Blessings to you, Aunt Tamra.

Your niece, Sharon Whitworth-Olson

Live Life said...

Thanks for sharing what meant a lot to you, and giving us even more of a memory of our mom! Its amazing what one person will remember about another person. We sometimes don't get the full view of a person until everyone says "I remember..." It brings warmth and happiness to my heart to read how you feel and felt about my mom. So thanks!
Misty