Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sorry for being so late with the update. Super hectic day! Let me begin by letting everyone know that Tamra's health is still good. She was up and about most all day and was visited by a friend at her old work Mountain America. She really enjoyed seeing her. Also she had a visit from a very nice woman from the church. They all have been very supportive and have been asking if there is anything they can do for her and us.

Jared and his wife and kids along with Mandy and her daughter stopped by and raised Tamra's spirits i know. She just loves seeing who she considers her grandkids!

As for Tamra's release from the hospital goes, it will be happening tomorrow. I will not go into some of the drama that was caused by social worker at the hospital. Let's just say she just made quite a few things more difficult for us instead of making things easier which i believe is her job!

There was a meeting with Dr. Lemon at about 6ish to discuss Tamra's "options" when it comes to home health care or hospice. For now...(And this may change after Tamra has a bit of time to think about it) she has decided to go with hospice. The wonderful people at Rocky Mountain Health Care are set to join us at the hospital tomorrow between 11am and 1pm to get her ready to go home. They will have everything that Tamra will need to be comfortable at her house. We are really happy to have her back in familiar surroundings and we think that this will also give her some peace.

I would like to also mention how caring Dr. Lemon was when Tamra needed him. He really does care about her well being and we are very thankful to him for that. Bart's wife Pennie will be making a trip down tomorrow to help Tamra get settled in and i really think that it will be nice for Pennie and her discuss things since Pennie has had to make hard health choices herself. Thank you Pennie!

Well that's if for now. I will be having to leave to get back to work in Salt Lake tomorrow but hopefully i or someone in the family will be able to update this on a regular basis for you all.

One last thing. We think it best that Tamra gets settled in at home for a couple of days before anyone call there to speak with her. As you can imagine she has a lot to think about and may still be tired from the move. So if you could please wait until Monday before you try and reach her there. She has told me that she wants to talk with all of you but i would prefer she do it when she has rested up. I hope you all understand.

Thanks for your prayers and if you could say a special one for us. She is back and forth on what kind of treatment she should choose. We just want the lord to give her a sign as to what she should do and be sure about it. So if you could ask him to give her confidence in a decision that would be wonderful.

God bless all of you

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Chet,
Thanks for keeping us all updated! I really appreciate it!
Please tell Aunt Tamara I LOVE HER!
love ya
Heather

Pauline said...

I am glad to hear that you are home I hope that you can make that decision that you feel is right for you and your family. I wish you the best you are in my thoughts and prayers.

teresa said...

Hey Tamra, it's Teresa from the bank. I have been thinking about you a lot, and hoping you are feeling better. It is awfully quiet on the second floor these days. Know that you are missed and we are all hoping for the best for you! Keep your chin up! ( I know that you will)