Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As of yesterday It's been 3 months since my loving mom left us and it still seems like a very bad dream. I do know it happened however because i wake up every morning and say hello to her not by phone but by looking up in the sky and asking how she's doing. It's weird really. It does not seem that long ago that she was in the hospital pulling the curlers from her hair while being excited about the prospects of going home. If only i could have captured that time in a bottle so i could open it and re-live those moments.

So many little moments lost from my memory. So many things said that are starting to fade. Time is cruel in that way. I know it's a trade off. Over time the open wound starts to heal but you also start to forget some of the precious moments that happened. Sure there are big moments that you will never forget but there are thousands of small memories (good and bad) that begin to fade. I fear i will forget many of them and that makes me very sad because in a way i am slowly losing small bit's of my mother.

I don't cry much anymore and i can thank time and her for that but much like as I'm typing this, I need to cry and open that wound just a little so the pain can remind me how much she means to me and how much i miss her. I LOVE YOU MOM! Please help me to always remember the little things.

Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle, Meow, Meow, Meow>

No comments: