Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thank goodness for small miracles. Tamra is home! This is something she has been wanting for days and it's something we have wanted for her. Today started off well at the hospital when she wanted to take a shower. She got all cleaned up and was able to relax for most of the day. She still hasn't eaten or had much to drink so not much has changed there. Without a big change soon this will shorten the time she might be here with us.

We had a visit today from the relief society president at the hospital and she informed us that many had been asking about Tamra and had meals coming to the house. They did come this evening and we want to say thanks to all that helped with the food. We also had a visit from a couple of lovely women from Sun First Bank. It still amazes me just how much she is loved.

About 3pm Julie, moms nurse from Rocky Mountain Health Care came by to get her ready to go home. We had a small glitch when it came to transporting Tamra back home but between Pauline with Rocky Mountain and a very nice woman named Claudia at IHC we were able to get it arranged. The care she received at IHC was wonderful and I cant say enough good things about the treatment my mom and all of us have had from the people at Rocky Mountain. They truly care for my mom and want whats best for her and it means a great deal to us to know they are there.

After we got her situated here at home it seemed to improve her spirits. She just kept saying "I'm so thankful to be home." She also mentioned to me that she really never thought she would make it back home again. This also means the world to my dad even if it is just for a short time. Now he can glance in on his wife whenever he would like and give her kisses and tell her that he loves her.

Her pain is still being managed by a morphine pump and she is still on oxygen. We have stopped the IV because she has started to retain fluid in her body and if we were to continue there would be a chance that her lungs could start filling with it and the outcome of that would be very painful. We of course will continue to offer her food and water whenever she if up to it in hopes that she will start to drink or eat something but ultimately it will be up to her.

We just want you all to know that she is now home safe and surrounded by loved ones and all your cards and prayers. Home is where she belongs and it always has been.

Thank you once again for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers!

I love you Mom! Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, meow, meow, meow.

3 comments:

Olson Family said...

It blesses me to see how the seeds of love and loyalty Tamra sowed during her life have grown into a harvest of that same intense love and loyalty being showered on her during this difficult time.

I'll never forget how "I couldn't get away with anything" when I'd come play at the big house in Salt Lake. "My mom said..." and then I'd face a cousin(s) who I could tell had the backing of an entire army wrapped up in the form of their mother. Aunt Tamra said it. It was a done deal.

I hope I am the kind of mother who is fiercely loving and loyal... the way you are, Aunt Tamra, and have been. Thank you for being a great example to me.

Much love to you.
I am praying for you.
Blessings,
Sharon (Whitworth) Olson

Anonymous said...

Dearest Tamra,

I want you to know that all of my family and I love you so much. We are so sad that you are so ill. Our prayers are with you daily. Also with Jack and your wonderful family. We have so many wonderful memories that include you and Jack and the children. You have been the best mother ever. I am so proud of you. We have pictures of you with your wonderful big smile and we treasure them. I miss you so much. Try to eat and drink, ok?

Love, Rose

Anonymous said...

Dear Tamra,

I am so glad you have made it home!! I hope you will be able to drink and eat some, to help with whatever strength you have left. I'm so thankful you have good nurses and are surrounded by all who love you. I hope to be able to stop in and see you!! You are so tough and are fighting such a brave fight!! I Love you Woman!!

love, Kristen