Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm currently sitting by Tamra's bedside at her home. She is asleep now. Since last nights post a few things have happened. Last night about 9pm Tamra awoke and wanted to sit up and talk. While she was awake we offered her some water and she wanted some. I wasn't a lot but more than she has had in a while. She also had a few grapes along with a couple of spoon fulls of mashed potato's and gravy that the relief society had brought by. While she was chatting with her she had some juice and she asked about what was going on in the world. Unfortunately since we have spent the last week in the hospital with her we really didn't have much of an answer for her.

She was up for quite a while and would occasionally ask "why am i still here?" We didn't really have much of a answer to that question either other than maybe she still needed to do something here on earth. She was quite lucid for a while but then as she gets tired she slips into a state where she doesn't make much sense. We got her back down in bed and she drifted off to sleep.

Bart, Shane, Jamie and myself spent the next hour or two talking in the front room about our childhood and the things we used to do with Mom, Dad, Grandma Juretich and Grandpa Juretich. All and all it was just nice to remember all the small things we did with them and each other growing up. As Bart has said many times..."Maybe this is why Mom is where she is right now. Just to bring us all back together." Intended or not, it has.

Tamra slept soundly through the night and spent much of the morning talking with Bart about current events and reading notes left for her. Just so you know. The messages you are leaving ARE being relayed to her whenever possible. She just doesn't have the strength to reply to them herself. She always says after reading one to her..."oh, that's so nice of them ."

When i arrived this morning the nurses were here checking on her and i guess since she had been sitting up for so long it caused her great pain when they tried to get her back down. The nurses really had to give her a great deal of painkiller because of her state. During this episode Tamra wanted the picture of Jesus she had on her dresser put next to her so she could look at it while she prayed for relief. It's such a hard thing to watch her in pain like she was and we hope she doesn't have to endure much more.

Misty then took Jack to a doctors appointment that they had scheduled. Since moms diagnosis Misty has been really looking after my dads needs since this was Tamra's job up until recently. I know it's hard for her for many different reasons but i want her to know that she is doing an amazing job and that she needs to remember to take time out for herself and her own family.

For now we hope Tamra just sleeps. It's when she seems to be most at peace.

I love you Mom....Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, meow, meow, meow.

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Thank you so much for keeping us informed of Tamra's condition. I know it must be very hard for you all to see your mom in pain. I wish you the best. Tell Tamara I love her and that she is in my thoughts and prayers. I only have very good memories of the two of us in YW she made it so fun!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Tamra
It was great to here you have arrived home. I bet that was a good feeling to be back to familiar surrounding. Tamra I wanted to tell you what great kids you have and how truley they love and care for there mother. You Have done a great job in raising them. Everybody at work says hi and they are keeing you in there thoughts and prayers.
Love Mont

Olson Family said...

This was such a great post! I hope that I am so strong if I must endure something so painful in my life. This post reminded me of the Aunt Tamra I remember. I was so young when Grandma Tapp passed away, and yet I'll never forget the way Aunt Tamra was such a soothing, comforting presence for everyone -- especially Grandpa Tapp. "What's going on in the world?" Of course. When we all went through that painful loss of Grandma, she simply took charge, noticing who needed what. You need something to eat, here, I've warmed this up for you. You need a hug and a shoulder to cry on, I will listen. Then she'd lean across the breakfast bar, her big eyes watching, waiting, her smile warm and inviting.

Now I sit here shaking my head, pondering, "What's going on in the world?" It just goes to show, monstrous cells can show up and ravage a person's body... but they canNOT take a person's strength of spirit!! And, Aunt Tamra, you've always been the strong one in the room. (And I can see that you've passed that legacy on to your children, too.)

We all love you, but Jesus loves you more.
Your niece, Sharon (Whitworth) Olson

Anonymous said...

Dear Tamra, Jack, Bart, Chet and Misty,

Thank you so much for keeping us all up to date. I have loved hearing from you and about you. You are a precious family and a treasure. I am proud of all of you. I am so sorry that you all have to go through this pain. It brings back memeories. I am so sorry.

Jack and Tamra, I love you so much. I need you to know that.

I just got finished talking to Nina and she brought me up to date on some of the little things which I am so grateful for. I am sorry, but I am one who has not wanted to deal with Tamra leaving us. She is to special to all of us.

I need to give you a way to reach me if you need to since at the moment my home phone isn't working. I plan to get a new one soon. My cell phone No. is 1-801-864-9903. My email address is:
brgems@msn.com.

You are all continually in my prayers. You are such an amazing family. I love you.

Love, Rose