Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Its another day here in St George and Tamra is still with us. I must start off by saying that Bart had a hard night here with mom. I gather from him that she was up quite a bit of the night and wanted to sit up for much of it. He was up with her for hours last night and this morning she even was trying to stand up even though she doesn't have the strength to do it. It's been really hard on all of us but Bart in particular because we all want to do what she wants but we just have to tell her it's just not possible because of the condition she is in. Bart has been a angel to mom and i know that it's taking a toll on him but yet he continues on.
Things had reached a point this morning that Bart had to call Julie moms hospice nurse over early to help settle Tamra down. After they were able to calm her they were able to get her the anti-anxiety medication and it really helped. The nurse checked all her vital signs and for the most part they were somewhat normal considering. With the panic she seems to get from time to time Julie suggested on upping the morphine she is getting so she could rest more.
We laid Tamra down on her side in hopes that she might be in a better position to breath and since she has been on her back for days now. We will have to continue to swab out her mouth because she tends to get a build up of stuff if we don't. I guess Bart tried to get a lot of it out earlier this morning so it wouldn't collect in her throat. Tamra still has some back there but it take so much energy to cough its hard for her to get rid of it.
The CNA sally showed up just as we got mom down and between her and Julie they were able to give mom a sponge bath. I'm sure it made her feel a whole lot better. From this point on we are just trying to keep up on getting Tamra her anti-anxiety medication and keeping things from building up in her throat. We may have to do this more often than we have been because her condition is getting worse and we want her to be as comfortable as possible.
I wish i could tell you when Tamra's time will come but nobody including the nursing staff can pinpoint these kind of things. For right now we are just happy that she seems to be comfortable in bed sleeping.
I love you mom...sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, meow, meow, meow.
Things had reached a point this morning that Bart had to call Julie moms hospice nurse over early to help settle Tamra down. After they were able to calm her they were able to get her the anti-anxiety medication and it really helped. The nurse checked all her vital signs and for the most part they were somewhat normal considering. With the panic she seems to get from time to time Julie suggested on upping the morphine she is getting so she could rest more.
We laid Tamra down on her side in hopes that she might be in a better position to breath and since she has been on her back for days now. We will have to continue to swab out her mouth because she tends to get a build up of stuff if we don't. I guess Bart tried to get a lot of it out earlier this morning so it wouldn't collect in her throat. Tamra still has some back there but it take so much energy to cough its hard for her to get rid of it.
The CNA sally showed up just as we got mom down and between her and Julie they were able to give mom a sponge bath. I'm sure it made her feel a whole lot better. From this point on we are just trying to keep up on getting Tamra her anti-anxiety medication and keeping things from building up in her throat. We may have to do this more often than we have been because her condition is getting worse and we want her to be as comfortable as possible.
I wish i could tell you when Tamra's time will come but nobody including the nursing staff can pinpoint these kind of things. For right now we are just happy that she seems to be comfortable in bed sleeping.
I love you mom...sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, meow, meow, meow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My heart goes out to you all, I am sorry that you have to go through this. One thing I know from the experience from my Mom passing is it does bring you closer as a family and you have heaven on earth while they pass through the veil! You can feel it!
Bart, I am sorry you have to go through this, I am so lucky to have you for a Boss and a friend! You are in my thoughts and prayers every morning and night!
Most Sincerely,
Terese Johnston
Chet,
We just wanted to say how much we love you and what a good friend you have been to us over the years.
Love, Brad & Nanell.
Post a Comment