
Hi Mom, I remember as a kid every July 24th you would wake us up really earlier (4:00-5:00 am) and drive us down to Liberty Park so we could stake out a prime parade route viewing spot for the Days of 47 Parade. I remember one time after we had gotten there and laid out our blank some one tried to get in front of us...... and that's when Mama bear sprang into action to shew them away.
Thanks for take us to the Parade and share these memories with us when we were kids!
1 comment:
Yes... Mom, this Parade thing has always been a big deal for Bart. Because he remembered doing it as a kid, with you, he wanted our kids to have the same fond memories. So most years while I stayed home-(I went a couple of times, it was... too messy or too crowded or just too random for me,I hated it). Bart took all the kids- AND some neighbor kids- and off they went to sleep out on main street- (see, just writing about sleepy on/or doing anything on main street gives me the willies).
He was, and is, such a good parent because of your great example. The kids will always remember the parade with their dad: bringing Adam's old sofa to state street, Austin almost getting arrested, leaving the sofa in liberty park while avoiding the police, sleeping... or not sleeping in tents,football in the middle of main street, and 4:00am gas station burrito runs.(no pun intended).
Anyway, thank you for bringing up such a wonderful son...(now I'm getting mushy) he is so incredible, and that is not by chance. You have been a super- duper mom, and will FOREVER be a huge part of who he is. Thanks again. I love you. pennie:) Now... Have a GOOD day and SMILE all the way! MTSBWY!-'may the sparkle be with you!'
Post a Comment