The nurse Julia, from Rocky Mountain Care was able to come in today as well as their Social worker Meghan. Its nice knowing you have support on that end. Meghan was able to talk with my Mom as well as with my Dad. I think she will be a great asset to our family, esp. my Dad. The Nurse is a sweetheart and is very comforting to my Mom as well.
We were able to get her medication (the rest of it) today. She seems to be doing alright with it. She did however had to take an extra shot of her morphine due to the pain in her back. It worked quickly for her.
She and Ethan (her grandson) sat on her bed and had lunch together. It was a good site as well as a sad reminder that one day she wont be able to do this. I was able to get some pictures of the two, they will be at the bottom of this post.
By accident she got another shot of morphine while they were eating lunch. The button trigger was under the pillows and somehow got activated. So with that, she has been sleeping a bit more. But is out of pain!
The Social worker came by around 2:30pm and visited with her. She was here for about 30-45 minuets. After that Tamra was able to lay back down. She ended up throwing up. I called the Nurses at RMC and talked with them. We were able to figure out what to do for her. We are thinking that it is her acid reflux that is causing her to throw up. So we are hoping we can get it under control. Other then that she is doing well.
She has her ups and downs just like we all do.
The nurse will be coming in tomorrow again to check her. So I will let you know more of what is going on. But for now, she is resting.
Again, please if you would, hold off on contacting her. She is in need of rest. I will do my best to keep you updated on what is going on. As always I will pass on to her your comments that you leave here. I also want to thank those who have sent flowers and cards! They have been a delight to her. They mean so much! So thank you from her, as well as me!
5 comments:
Grandkids are great a bright spot in a grandparents eyes. We wish you the best at home.
Hi Tamra. I'm trying to leave you a message again, yesterday we tried to leave a message but we must have done something wrong because it didn't post, so here goes. Thank you for having this blog, it's a nice way to keep in touch with you without intruding. I've been thinking a lot lately about our 13 years together as co-workers and friends. In 1996 when I hired you we seemed to have an instant connection. I was talking with Terry Blake the other day and got laughing about Rag Time Rhonda? Remember when you, Misty and your two little Granddaughters walked in the March of Dimes walkathon and afterwards we were at the Bloomington Park where Rag Time Rhonda was our entertainment. Rhonda was playing, tap dancing and singing all at the same time as she was accompanied by her music machine and all her electrical equipment when your little Granddaughter decided to make a run for it, you went after her and caught your toe on the extension cord which proceeded to unplug and brought Rag Time Rhonda to a screeching halt. Truth be known we were all thanking you for unplugging the cord. Remember every two years when we had our annual employee retreat and we had to do a skit? I knew I could always count on you putting together a fun, well choreagraphed skit. And of course our Christmas parties, you always were more entertaining than the entertainment. You have such way of bringing fun into our parties. I treasure the time when spent in Hurricane. I consider all the free time we had a blessing because it gave us time to visit, reminisce and solve the worlds problems. It was fun shopping for the perfect Nissan Pathfinder, I didn't think we would ever find it, but we did! I appreciate all the times you kept my desk at work decorated for the holidays, and for feeding me when I had a craving, which was often. You made it hard for me to stick to my diet. You have always had that Christ like quality of putting other people first and giving of your self just like your sweet mother did. I remember all the times she would bring baked goods to the bank, she was an excellent cook. I want to thank Bart, Chet, Shane and Misty for sharing their sweet mother with me for the past 13 years. It's time and memories I will always treasure. I'm still planning on cleaning your car and taking you for a ride, maybe we could stop and get some french fries and ask for extra ketchup. As you know everythings better with ketchup. Know of our love for you and that you are always in our thoughts and prayers. Rest assured that our Heavenly Father is mindful of you and your family. All our love, Mont and Family
Dearest Family members,
This is aunt Rose. I am so sorry to hear all of this sad news. My home phone has not been working and has not taken messages so I din't get any of yours. I have unplugged my home phone and my cell number is: 801-864-9903. My heart is aching for all of you. I and my family all love Jack and Tamra so much. I am so stunned that I really don't know what to say, other than I love all of you and I am so sorry. I understand what you are going through and I wish I could prevent it. Give your mom and dad a hug for me.
Love, Aunt Rose
Dear Aunt Tamra, I am so sorry to hear about your illness. I just want you to know how very much I love you. Thank you for teaching me how to dance. If I had my way, that would still be the only thing I would do everyday. I have always admired you for your beauty, grace, sense of humor, and kindness. We will keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. I KNOW that Heavenly Father listens and answers prayers. I hope that you will be able to rest comfortably. I love you, and please tell my Uncle Jack that I love him, also. All my love, Cristy (Aunt Rose's daughter.)
Aunt Tamra and "Gramma Tapp"
I know your settling in and hopefully getting rested so I'm glad you have this blog to keep in touch for now. I hope you are not feeling too sick and I hope you are feeling ok. Actually I hope you are feeling GREAT, but not sure what the chances are of that... So, at least I hope you are comforted and know that so many people love you and are praying for you.
I just want you to know that I love you so very much and I am so grateful for everything you have done for our little family. Thanks for always offering to watch Kamaile and having us over for dinners and holidays and treating us like one(or should I say three) of your own :) We sure love you and appreciate everything you do!
I want you to know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers and I love you tons!
Love
Mandy
Post a Comment