Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 14th, 2009

Last night Doug the kids and I went over to visit with my mom and do a few things while we were there.

She had called me before to talk to me about the pain she was again experiencing. It was different then the pain before. I was able to get the doctors number from Bart, and called. It was after hours so we had to wait for his return call. I was happy to have the answering service call me back to ask if doctor Lemons had returned my call. When I told her no, she said she would page him again. He then called back. We talked over her condition, he said if her pain didn't get better, and it was getting worse to take her into the ER to make sure her biopsy site wasn't infected.

So when we were over there she came to me and was talking of her pain. She stared to break down. It was tough to see her this way. She was in pain and there was nothing I could do. She didn't know if she should go to the ER, but she also knew she didn't want to be in pain. Earlier in the day she had put on new pain patches, but they hadn't touched her pain. At that moment seeing my mom like that I knew she needed to go in to the ER, even if it wasn't her biopsy that was the source of the pain. Doug took the kids, and I took my mom to the hospital.

It wasn't too busy, and they were able to get her back in the room fairly quickly. The nurse, blood guy and the doctor were great. They took good care of mom. Shane was able to come to the ER to be with mom and I. (It was nice to have him there, I know mom was happy to have him there as well.) She was able to get an IV put in and some fluid ( which is a great thing!) They gave her a pain medication through her IV and it seemed to work. They had her taken down to get a CT scan and brought her back. She then started to say that the pain was starting to come back again.
She also said the guy who wheeled her bed to and back from the CT wasn't funny at all... and I quote "That man, he had NO sense of humor! I would say something, and Nothing!" You could tell she was trying to make light of her situation, but he wasn't returning the fun. He was just there to wheel you to your place and back to your room.
We then were waiting for the CT scan to come back. She got another IV shot of pain medication. That did the trick. She was out of pain, and trying to sleep, but the oxygen monitor they had on her finger would go off just as she was asleep!
The doctor came back in and told us that there wasn't anything there showing an infection. So the pain might have been fro the "bumps" on her liver, and causing her the pressure/pain she was feeling. He also said that the cancer hasn't changed at all! There was nothing new, nor any changed since the last CT scan on the 6th! So we were happy to hear that!
We then waited for what seemed forever to take her home. It was the sample pill of the pain medication she was given that was holding us up. I guess the pharmacy there likes to take their time!

At last it came and we were able to take her home. She did have to use the nice blue bag they gave her for just in case... but then we were off! She got ready for bed, and climbed in. She was out, and I'm hoping that she slept well! That was at about midnight.

Thanks Guys for all your help and support, I know mom, dad nor I could do this with out you! So thanks! I love you all!!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

We love you lots Tamra and we and are keeping you in our prayers. It was really nice to visit with you and the family the other day. I need to come visit more often (when you are feeling up to it) Love you and let us know if there's anything we can do. That goes for all of you too!
Love ya lots!
Mandy, Brad & Kamaile